Thursday 29 December 2011

Spy Kids 3D: Game Over (2003)

Plot: Juni (Daryl Sabara) has not been working for the OSS. He's been informed that Carmen (Alexa Vega) is missing. He's told that she's been captured by the Toymaker, who was imprisoned in cyberspace by the OSS and created "Game Over", a virtual-based reality. Now, Juni must reach certain levels and accomplish certain tasks in order to save Carmen. Will he succeed?

Review: I honestly wasn't expecting much when I first saw this and I was right. I loved the first two movies, but this one just didn't work for me. First of all, I didn't like the plot. I found the plot to be thin and it wasn't as original compared to the first two. The theme of family, which is the theme in the Spy Kids films, was present in the first two and was clear throughout it. But in this film, the parents are mainly absent as well as Carmen. The Grandpa from the second movie is back, but it doesn't have the family feel like it did with the first two. The plot just fell flat and I really didn't care what happened and it was also repetitive and honestly felt like I was rewinding but I really wasn't.

I saw the film in 3D. Not in theaters, but on my own television. And the 3D was not good. It was just really bad. I can't find the words.

Visually, the film is good. The first three Spy Kids movies are visual feasts. But the first two had good plot and decent twists throughout it, while this one did not.

The acting is decent at best. Daryl Sabara is good as Juni, but I don't think he stood out as well as he did compared to the first two films. Decent is the same word I'd use to describe the film's supporting cast. I did like the appearance of characters featured in the first two. That was probably one of the main and only highlights for me.

Overall, this is a big disappointment to me. It's upsetting to give this film such a low rating considering how much I enjoyed the first two.

Rating: 1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment