Thursday 29 December 2011

I Know Who Killed Me (2007)

Plot: A small town is shaken when Aubrey Fleming (Lindsay Lohan), a pianist and aspiring writer, is kidnapped by a sadistic killer. She's found on the side of the road, severally injured. Her distraught parents, Susan (Julia Ormond) and Daniel (Neal McDounough) are relieved she's been found. But everyone is shocked when she wakes up, claiming to be a stripper named Dakota Moss. Everyone is convinced Aubrey is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. But she continues to insist that she isn't Aubrey. As Dakota tries to prove it, she uncovers shocking secrets that will shake everything up.

Review: I'm going to guess that the great majority of people who read this blog haven't heard of this movie. If you see it and you're thinking of watching it, I don't think you should bother. Unless you want to watch a bad movie, go for it.

When I first heard of this movie, I wanted to see it because of the plot bits I heard. I found the premise to be interesting and unique. But when I actually watched the film, I found that while the plot was slightly interesting, it's unbalanced and just bad.

The film's acting is... I honestly can't find the right word. I don't want to say decent because I honestly think that's too much praise. Just a little too much. But I'll use it anyway because I can't think of anything else. Lindsay Lohan is a good actress. I've seen it in some of her movies. In this one, she's fine but she doesn't shine like she should. But the script is such a mess that I don't blame the actors being decent at best. The only characters that I sympathized with were Dakota/Aubrey and the mother. I didn't like the father from the beginning and I found the cops and doctors to be completely unsympathetic of Aubrey/Dakota. They just figured they were right and that they shouldn't listen to her.

One aspect of the film that I will praise is the use of colors, red and blue. I think that was a clever use and was well done.

This is just a bad movie with a bad plot, decent acting and bad directing.

Rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment