Friday 18 November 2011

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Plot: Jack Skellington is the Pumpkin King from Halloween Town. He's sick of the same old thing every year. One day, he opens a portal that leads to Christmas Town. Jack is fascinated by the feeling and style of Christmas. He shows his discovery to the creatures of Halloween Town and they fail to grasp it. Jack does several experiments and becomes obsessed. He decides to take Santa Clause's place. Henchmen for the evil Oogie Boogie kidnapped Santa Clause (Sandy Claws called by the creatures of Halloween Town). Jack takes Santa's place in Christmas Town, giving children  horrifying gifts. He fails his task, but this leads back to his love for scaring people. He then returns to Halloween Town to save Santa and Sally.

Review: Another favorite of mine. I love the plot. I love the idea of every holiday having their own world and embracing only their holiday. The animation is very well done. I'm not a fan of musicals by any means, although I can tolerate musicals, I generally don't enjoy them that much. I loved the songs because they aren't all happy, cheery songs that we would expect out of musicals. I just like the combination of Halloween and Christmas in one film and that this is a film that you can during either Halloween or Christmas.

The film isn't entirely scary, but it can be scary to viewers of a certain age. Overall, this is a funny, charming and entertaining animated film that is a favorite to many, including myself.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment